- There should be no contact with the freshly coated floor for at least 24 hours after coating.
- The following day, windows and doors should be opened for at least 3 hours prior to high levels of foot traffic on the floor to promote air-flow and assist with the curing process.
- While the coating is safe to walk on after this 24 hour period, we advise that furniture should not be shifted onto the surface for 2-3 days after application and should be placed, not dragged. This should be done with extreme care.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR FLOOR
- IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN LIVOS OIL COATING IT IS NECESSARY TO AVOID WATER TOTALLY FOR 4-6 WEEKS
- Sweep regularly with an anti-static dry mop
- Use a soft brush head vacuum
- Move internal rugs regularly
- Lift furniture when moving items
- Keep pet nails trimmed
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Apply floor protection to furniture and appliances
- Use recommended cleaning products
- Use a damp mop on a regular basis
- Use steam mops (This may cause distortion in the boards, can soften coatings and finishes or alter the look of the floor)
- Use a wet mop – Excess water can cause the boards to swell
- Use rubber backed rugs
- Use steel wool or other abrading products
- Wear stilettos, sports or work footwear
- Use silicone sprays or silicone based products
- Use abrasive or ammoniated cleaners
- Use hard head vacuum cleaners or worn brushes
- Use waxes, polishes or general purpose detergents
- Use oil impregnated mops
CLEANING YOUR TIMBER FLOOR
Polyurethane — We recommend using a pH neutral cleaning solution designed specifically for Polyurethane coated floors. We stock AGAR pH7 cleaning solution if you wish to purchase from us directly.
Water Based — DO NOT use Methylated Spirits or any ammoniated cleaning products. We recommend using a brand specific cleaner designed for cleaning water based coatings. We stock Synteko and Loba floor care products if you wish to purchase from us directly.
Livos — We recommend using Livos cleaning products ONLY, strictly adhering to the Livos cleaning instructions. We stock Livos Trena cleaning solution if you wish to purchase from us directly.
MAINTAINING YOUR TIMBER FLOOR:
Coatings can wear differently depending on a number of factors such as dirt/sand/grit, cleaning products, pets and high traffic areas. Areas such as doorways, hallways and living areas will wear faster than less frequently used areas of your home.
Our average maintenance recommendations are:
Polyurethane — We recommend on average, re-coating a polyurethane coated floor after a minimum of 3 years and maximum of 5 years.
Water Based—We recommend on average, re-coating a water based coated floor after a minimum of 2 years and maximum of 4 years.
Livos Kunos Natural Oil—Livos recommends carrying out buffing and rejuvenation works when the floor either looks dull, too dry or no longer repels water.
Pre-Finished Engineered Floors— Each flooring manufacturer has different recommendations depending on the type of pre-finished coating used.