COATED CONCRETE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- There should be no contact with the freshly coated floor for at least 24 hours after coating.
- The following day, windows and doors should be opened for at least 3 hours prior to high levels of foot traffic on the floor to promote air-flow and assist with the curing process.
- While the coating is safe to walk on after this 24 hour
period, we advise that furniture should not be shifted onto the surface for 2-3 days after application and should be placed, not dragged. This should be done with extreme care.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR FLOOR
- IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN LIVOS OIL COATING IT IS
NECESSARY TO AVOID WATER TOTALLY FOR 4-6 WEEKS
- Sweep regularly with an antistatic dry mop
- Use a soft brush head vacuum
- Move internal rugs regularly
- Lift furniture when moving items
- Keep pet nails trimmed
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Apply floor protection to furniture and appliances
- Use recommended cleaning products
- Use a damp mop on a regular basis
- Use steam mops (This can soften coatings which can cause the coating to peel)
- Use steel wool or other abrading products
- Use silicone sprays or silicone based products
- Use abrasive or ammoniated cleaners
- Use hard head vacuum cleaners or worn brushes
- Use waxes, polishes or general purpose detergents
- Use oil impregnated mops
- Use alkaline based chemicals, adhesives (duct tape), or leave spills on the polished surface as this can discolour and damage the finish
CLEANING YOUR FLOOR
Super Polish or Coated Concrete — We recommend using only a pH neutral cleaning solution designed specifically for Mechanically Polished or Coated concrete floors. We stock AGAR pH7 cleaning solution if you wish to purchase from us directly.
Super Polish—After polishing is complete, please do not wash your floor for at least 2 weeks. This will allow the sealer to penetrate and settle.
Livos — We recommend using Livos cleaning products ONLY, strictly adhering to the Livos cleaning instructions. We stock Livos Trena cleaning solution if you wish to purchase from us directly.
Coatings can wear differently depending on a number of factors such as dirt/sand/grit, cleaning products, pets and high traffic areas. Areas such as doorways, hallways and living areas will wear faster than less frequently used areas of your home.
Our average maintenance recommendations are:
Polyurethane — We recommend on average, re-coating a polyurethane coated floor after a minimum of 3 years and maximum of 5 years.
Water Based—We recommend on average, re-coating a water based coated floor after a minimum of 2 years and maximum of 4 years.
Livos Kunos Natural Oil—Livos recommends carrying out buffing and rejuvenation works when the floor either looks dull, too dry or no longer repels water.
Super Polished Concrete— Super Polished Concrete can last many years with little maintenance providing it is cared for correctly using pH neutral products.